Thursday, September 15, 2011

Blast From The Past : "this one's for you southwest PA"

I've realized that I have a lot of entries all over the interwebs...both from Facebook and Live Journal, I know I know...I didn't think it existed anymore either. Also, if you want to check out my WebShots page, I still get emails from that from time to time...Anyways, I figured that why not put up some old entries from all these other sites and put it on the blog that matters!? So join me as we take a step back in time to when I had JUST finished moving to New Jersey, about 3 years ago.....




So I've finally put the finishing touches on the apartment here in Jersey and I began to creep around the ol' Facebook and ended up reading my note that I posted back in July about wasting time and being prepared for the unexpected...well before that and on the ride up here, I did a lot of thinking, probably more than usual...and I've concluded that there is only one thing to do to get it all out there in the open, and that is to write yet another blog...

I want to start by thanking the roommates of 217, both old tenants and new tenants, mainly for the fact that in some of my most important years of my life, you were there for me when it mattered and when it didn't...what can you say about 3-4 years of inside jokes, screaming, parties and people who became family in a matter of months? I know what I could say about it...I love you all and I thank you for being my brothers....and sister. Even though we are all on our separate paths right now, I want you to know that the same rule applies anywhere in life as it did in that house...my door is always open, all hours of the night, for you to wander into and bullshit with me.......just make sure the monkey isn't on the door knob

Now as I finish that paragraph, a lot of you might think, "why is he doing this now? He graduated way back in May." Well yeah, but with something as big as this move is, I feel that it's necessary to acknowledge the people who supported me and was a huge part of my life in the years leading up to this move.

Speaking of thanks and being all grown up and graduated, I would like to thank everyone in the Theatre department at Cal, for not only welcoming me in with open arms when I was in college, but for allowing me to come back one more time and performing again with some of the most talented group of performers I've ever seen. Both while being at Cal and graduated, I worked with some of the most creative and talented people that I came into contact with and I wish you ALL the best of luck in everything that you do. There were more than one occasion where I felt more at home with the classes and faculty and students than I did in my own major when I went there. I thank all of you extremely talented actors and actresses for sharing laughs with me and allowing me to be apart of a department that I should have been affiliated with since day one at Cal. BAM!

While driving to New Jersey, I thought of all the love and support that I have behind me throughout this move. Both with very close friends, and by complete strangers. Strangers that I would be serving at The Goose and would wish me luck and "hope to see me soon on television"...now of course they aren't going to see this, but hey...it's my blog, and I can do what I want...

I'm beginning to realize that I have all these opportunities and resources at my disposal, and I couldn't be more happy and more scared at the same time...

As for all the close friends who have stuck with me through all these years, and have shared many things with me, from secrets, to inside jokes, to laughs, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the love and support that you have given me since knowing you. I now realize that my hometown is something that I will ALWAYS hold dear to my heart, no matter where I am in the country, or the world, because throughout the years, I have seen that there are amazing people in this world who will cheer for you no matter what. I know now that my family and friends are what molded me into what I am today, and as I type this "note", I want you all to know that I love you with all of my heart and will take all that love and support that you gave me through the years and wrap myself in it day after day, night after night, and performance after performance.

If I haven't said it enough yet, I love you southwest PA and I thank you for starting this journey with me, and continuing it with me by my side.