Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lion VS. Tuna

So keeping up with the "review" kick that I'm on, I wanted to talk about the latest movie that I saw in theatres, and that movie was "The Other Guys."



Well yeah the preview looked funny! So why not see it!? First of all, before going into it, I heard from a couple of comics that have seen the movie that Will Ferrell wasn't typical "Will Ferrell" in the movie. I didn't really see it. He yelled, had that sarcastic tone at times, and had a really funny character...soooo, those comics were liars. Unless they meant that he wasn't typical Will Ferrell because he didn't take his shirt off and run around like an idiot while showing off his awkwardly hairy chest...oh sorry, was I supposed to say *SPOILER ALERT* before I wrote that??

Anyways, the beginning sequence with The Rock and Samuel Jackson is great...without giving anything away, it's pretty much just one giant spoof on action movies and the movie continues that spoof even after that beginning sequence. I will say though, I have never really paid attention to anything that Mark Wahlberg has done in his acting career, so I guess you could say that he's pretty much a new actor to me. Regardless, Mark Wahlberg is hilarious in this movie...just a lil, bitter, angry fuck. That always leads to some laughs, right??

I gotta admit though, there is one person that I enjoyed more than Ferrell and Wahlberg, and that was Michael Keaton. Maybe it's because he played Beetlejuice (which, FUN FACT, he was only in that film for a total of 17 minutes.) or maybe it's because he's a fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins and is originally from PA, or MAYBE it's because he played Batman, or JUST MAYBE, it's because he's funny. I'm gonna go ahead and say that it's because he's funny. The running gag with Keaton in the movie is great and anytime that he is on screen, he throws out some funny one liners and facial expressions...even though he does look old as shit in this movie.

So the bottom line is, don't wait for it to come out on DVD or Netflix...just go see it in the theatre. If ANYTHING, the one good thing about this movie is that people probably won't quote Will Ferrell for years to come like they do with Anchorman and Ricky Bobby.