Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gilbert Gottfriend Carrying A Pineapple.

Hello again Adamaniacs. Lets discuss a current (and wild) event that happened to me lately. This story comes off the heels of a pretty cynical blog I post entitled "And Now It Sucks To Be You Too..."

So I was barking, (a comedy vocab word that means try to sell comedy show tickets to strangers in the street) and some comedians hate the fact that barking exists and to a degree it does suck. A bunch of people walking on the street ignoring you, going out of their way to ignore you, listening to their iPods so they can ignore you, looking at their phone as if they have a text message to ignore you, randomly starting conversations with people they are with to ignore you...well, I think you get the point.

Anyways, I was barking and a woman came up to me and asked me if I take donations, to which I reply "Uh, sure?" Then the woman handed me two Best Buy gift cards. I asked her if she wanted a ticket in return and she said, "No, it's fine, I just want to donate something." And she walked away and went about her day and I put the gift cards in my bag and went about my day, not thinking anything of it. So I went about my Friday and Friday night and then came home.

Saturday morning rolls around, and since there isn't such a thing as "Saturday morning cartoons" anymore, I had some time on my hands. So I decided to check and see how much were on these gift cards, if anything. So I type in the card number on Best Buy's website, and on one of the cards there was $1,000......yeah, $1,000.

I immediately thought that the card was stolen...or there was some kind of problem. So I decided to check the amount on the 2nd card. I type in the number, hit confirm, and low and behold, there is another $1,000.

So now, I have $2,000 in Best Buy gift card. What the hell should I do?? Welp, I told the roommates and concocted a plan to check and see if these cards were legit or not. I gave one of the gift cards to one of my roommates and told them to go into Best Buy and buy a CD.....just to see what happens. Once I got the card back, and saw that there was $985, and saw that my roommate wasn't being arrested, I figured, these cards must be legit. So me and the roommates went into Best Buy and had a mini shopping spree. I let my roommates get whatever they wanted...cause I'm a nice guy, remember? I already said that in that previous evil blog. So one roommate got a digital camera, the other roommate got a speaker system for their iPod, we got an air conditioner for our apartment, and I got Cool Runnings on DVD...along with some other DVDs.

After that mini shopping spree, there is still about $1100 left in Best Buy moneys. But wow, how often are you just given free money?? I don't know who that woman was or what her story was, but the only thing I can come up with is that she was Amish. That would have to be it, right?? Why else would some woman hand out $2,000 bucks in Best Buy moneys unless she couldn't use techology...or hated it. I DON'T KNOW!

Regardless, I thank you random lady in the street for handing me that money...not that you'll ever see this post, being Amish and all. A lot of funny ideas came into my head whenever I found out that I could pretty much do anything I wanted in Best Buy...like buy 12 copies of the movie G-Force on DVD or buy an iPad and never use it and just let it sit on our coffee table at the apartment and when people would come over I would say, "Ohh, excuse me, let me move that iPad out of the way.....oh wait, what's that under my iPad? IT'S ANOTHER FUCKIN IPAD!"

So maybe this event comes in the wake of that depressing post prior to this one. To show that good things do happen to good people and that not everyone in this world is cold and selfish. I have no idea.

But there is one thing I do know, I should have known that it was going to be a strange day when I saw Gilbert Gottfried walking the streets of NYC carrying a pineapple.